In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Mercy Hospital

School of Nursing Class Photos

The Mercy Hospital School of Nursing operated from 1920 to 1987, and educated over 2,300 nurses. In 1965, all of the nursing school facilities were consolidated into their St. John Street location, creating one space for classrooms, a library, and faculty offices. In 1968, the School of Nursing contracted with St. Joseph's College to offer students the ability to take courses in Biology, Sociology, English, Physiology, and Bacteriology, earning students a minimum of 25 transferable credits towards a B.S. in Nursing.